A massage therapist is like a physician or an engineer—the person who can fix others is a healer. If you’re interested in becoming a massage therapist, this article will give you a good understanding of the job.
Massage therapy is one of the oldest healthcare professions and has been around for thousands of years. It can be practiced by a therapist or a person with no formal training at all.
Massage therapy is becoming increasingly popular among both men and women. It can be an enjoyable form of stress relief, relaxation, and even healing. However, this field can also be very competitive, so you’ll need to learn a few basic things before you go into the massage therapy business.
In fact, it’s estimated that there are over 3,600 massage therapists in the United States alone. That’s a lot of potential clients to serve!
Now, let’s look at the pros and cons of massage therapy, and whether it’s a good career choice for you.
The Benefits of a Massage Therapy Degree
- It’s a relaxing profession. When you’re a massage therapist, you can relax by giving other people a massage. You can do this for free, or for money—it’s up to you.
- You’ll become a better listener. You can learn to listen to people who come to you for a massage. This is very important because you’ll be able to help them solve their problems.
- You can work from home. As long as you have a comfortable chair, you can give massages from anywhere in the world. This means you don’t need a big building or expensive equipment.
- You can improve your health. If you do some light exercises before a massage, you’ll be less likely to feel tired when you go to work. You can also work with other people who suffer from chronic pain.
- You can help heal people. If you’re a massage therapist, you can learn to give other people a massage that helps their bodies heal. You can also learn to massage people who are sick, and help them recover from illness.
- You can earn a lot of money. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the average annual salary for a massage therapist is $52,200. And if you want to work in a big city, you’ll likely make more.
The Cons of a Massage Therapy Degree
- It’s a stressful profession. As a massage therapist, you must be able to listen to people and understand what they need.
- You’ll need to take care of your body. If you’re not careful, you can develop injuries. Some of these can be very painful, and you might need to stop working.
- You may need some training. There are some things you’ll need to learn before you can start giving massages. If you don’t have this training, you might need to take some classes.
- You’ll need to work long hours. The job is physically demanding, so you’ll need to work at least five days a week. This means you won’t be able to work on Saturdays or Sundays.
- You’ll need to deal with difficult clients. Some people are very difficult to please. This can make it hard for you to work, and it can also affect your health.
Your Career Path: Where Will You Go?
Consequently, you may want to choose a career that will make you feel more comfortable. For example, if you’re a massage therapist, you could become a massage therapist instructor. This would be a great way to get experience in the field, and you’d be able to teach others how to do the job.
If you’re a massage therapist, you can also become a physical therapist. These people help people who are sick, or injured or recovering from an illness. As a physical therapist, you’ll be able to give massages that help these people heal.
Or, you can choose to become a massage therapist trainer. This is similar to becoming a massage therapist instructor, except that you would be training other massage therapists on how to perform massages.
Once you have some experience working as a massage therapist, it’s time to decide where you want to work.
Where Can I Get the Best Job?
If you’re just starting out in the field, you might want to consider finding a job that has a better salary and benefits.
You’ll be able to earn more money, and you’ll be able to get paid more for overtime. You’ll be able to get a job that’s closer to home.
If you work in a large city, you’ll probably need to commute to work. This can be stressful, and it can also affect your health. You’ll be able to get a job that’s easy to find.
There are many different types of jobs, including:
- Massage therapist
- Physical therapist
- Athletic trainer
- Massage therapist instructor
- Massage therapist trainer
You may be able to find work at a school, hospital, or spa. The best way to find work is to search online for jobs in your area.
You can also ask your friends, family members, and teachers for advice.
Demand for Massage Therapist
Massage therapy is a growing industry. As people become more interested in wellness, massage therapists are becoming more and more popular.
In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the number of massage therapists will increase by 15 percent over the next decade. This means that there will be more opportunities for you to find work.
However, as with any career, the competition can be fierce. If you want to become a massage therapist, you need to be aware of what you need to do to stand out from the crowd.
Lowest Starting Salaries for Massage Therapist Jobs
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the lowest starting salary for a massage therapist is $29,000 a year.
This is for a massage therapist that is new to the field. It’s possible to earn more money once you have experience, but this doesn’t happen right away.
What is the Average Pay for a Massage Therapist?
The average salary for a massage therapist is $48,000 a year. However, the amount varies depending on where you live.
For example, a massage therapist in San Francisco, California can earn $71,000 a year. This is because there are many spa-like businesses in the city.
Massage therapists in New York City can earn $75,000 a year, and massage therapists in Los Angeles can earn $67,000 a year. This is because these cities are home to many spas, as well as health clubs and wellness centers.
How Much Do Massage Therapists Make?
In brief, massage therapists make more money than other therapists. You may be able to earn more money by moving from one location to another. However, the amount of money that you can earn also depends on your experience and where you work.
You can make an average of $48,000 a year. The lowest starting salary is $29,000 a year.
The highest salary is $81,000 a year, which is for a massage therapist who is a certified professional.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that the number of massage therapists will increase by 15 percent over the next decade. As a result, this means that there will be more opportunities for you to find work.
Highest Paying Jobs in Massage Therapy
There are many different types of massage therapists. You can earn the most money if you work in a spa or health club. The highest paying jobs are:
- Massage therapist
- Physical therapist
- Athletic trainer
If you want to earn more money as a massage therapist, you should specialize in one of these areas:
- Head and neck
- Back and neck
- Sports injuries
- Frozen shoulder
It’s possible to make more money by moving from one location to another. However, this doesn’t happen right away. You may need to train first.
Which States Have the Most Massage Therapy Jobs?
The states with the most massage therapy jobs are as follows:
Massage therapists in California can earn $71,000 a year.
Massage therapists in Texas can earn $61,000 a year.
Massage therapists in New York can earn $75,000 a year.
Massage therapists in Illinois can earn $54,000 a year.
Massage therapists in Florida can earn $52,000 a year.
Massage therapists in Washington can earn $53,000 a year.
Why Should I Become a Licensed Massage Therapist?
If you want to make a living as a massage therapist, it’s important that you know the answer to this question. After all, if you don’t have an answer to this question, then it will be very difficult for you to convince prospective clients that you’re worth their money.
A licensed massage therapist can provide better treatment and service. Certainly, you can earn more money as a licensed massage therapist. However, it’s also important to consider the cost of becoming a licensed massage therapist.
In brief, if you want to become a licensed massage therapist, it will take around three years of study. It may also take several years of experience before you start earning enough money to support yourself. Once you have earned your license, you can treat people with massage therapy. You can make a difference in the lives of others.
For most people, massage therapy is a wonderful career because it helps people relax. It is a great way to relieve stress. Many people think that massage therapy is a new and interesting career, but they don’t know that it has been around for many years. Most people don’t know how to give a massage either. That’s why massage therapy is a good profession for independent workers.
This is also a good career for people who want to travel because it is easy to travel as a massage therapist. You can set up a business wherever you want, and it’s not too expensive to run a business.
There is another reason why massage therapy is a good career. It allows you to earn money. If you are a Licensed Massage Therapist, you will be able to earn more than $80,000.
See Related Articles
- How to Ask for a Massage?
- Is a Massage Chair Safe When Pregnant? [Is It True???]
- Can a Massage Chair Relieve Shoulder Pain?
- How to Give a Great Neck Massage: 3 Easy Steps for Relief
- How to Repair Massage Chair Leather?
- Does Breast Massage Increase Firmness?
- Do Massage Chairs Help You Lose Weight?
- How Hydro Massage Chairs Work? The Science Behind the Magic
- What Is the Crunch When I Massage My Feet?
- How to Move a Massage Chair Upstairs?