Yes, a massage chair would be good for people with Scoliosis. Massage through massage chairs can help that but won’t solve it alone. Physiotherapy is more helpful with that’s Massage can also help the tight muscles affected by the bend in the spine.
In this article, we take a look at how a massage chair could be a good choice for Scoliosis. Let’s start…
Are massage chair good for Scoliosis?
Postural problems, especially pelvic portions, often cause Scoliosis.
Massage will assist with this but can not resolve it on its own.
Physiotherapy is more beneficial in this case. Massage can also be helpful for the tight muscles caused by the spine bend.
Scoliosis may also be triggered by an inability of the spine to move freely.
Massage, osteopathy, chiropractic therapy, and, perhaps most importantly, yoga will help with this.
Occasionally, it is exacerbated by a leg length difference. In the event of a genuine leg length difference, the safest course of action is a heel lift.
If the LLD is due to pelvic torsion, you will need to return to physiotherapy.
In these circumstances, Massage will alleviate symptoms but will not resolve the underlying issue.
Massage can also help with symptoms associated with Scoliosis in which the cause is unknown.
However, this will not support the cause.
Sometimes, this form is one of the preceding, but no one adept at diagnosing it has emerged.
This is not always true.
Thus, it will alleviate pain and help relax muscles that may contribute to or are induced by the problem. Still, it will almost certainly not resolve the issue.
Can a deep tissue massage help scoliosis?
I would not recommend deep tissue in the treatment of Scoliosis…
And a great deal depends on the individual’s age, the severity of the Scoliosis, and so forth.
Assessment and exercises in physical therapy.
Consult a chiropractor as well…
They can obtain x rays to determine the degree of curvature.
If you are aware that you have a slight curvature, as many of us do,
I suggest exercise, stretching, and Massage, but not deep tissue massage.
A professional massage therapist can assist in relieving muscle tension on either side of the Scoliosis;
They cannot alter the curvature that has already formed, but they can help manage the affected muscles.
How can a chiropractor help with Scoliosis?
In my experience, frequent chiropractic visits significantly improved my condition.
These are also my daily activities of maintaining good fitness, exercising, and maintaining proper posture.
Though changes do not “fix” it (nothing does), they are the only thing that is effective at repositioning the spine, relieving pain and pressure in the back, stabilizing the back, and lengthening the muscles.
As with everything,
Some chiropractors are not very good at what they do.
I am grateful to have established a relationship with a chiropractor who takes a genuine interest in my condition and devotes as much time as possible to studying it.
Innovative methods such as the flexion-distraction table significantly stretch the muscles, allowing the spine to collapse into position naturally without the need to jerk it.
These are preferable to the nightmare stereotype of chiropractors snapping your leg.
If you suffer from frequent regular aches and pains, weekly or biweekly trips to a chiropractor can be life-changing.
I am unable to work if I do not see the chiro for months at a time;
I need it weekly.
Naturally, insurance is a pain in the neck when it comes to paying for a “pre-existing and incurable illness,”
But taking care of yourself is worth the hassle of paying for it.
Can massages make Scoliosis worse?
In theory, Massage could be dangerous if it worked at the level of muscle stimulation and TENS and actually altered the nerves,
but I don’t believe that’s the case
Because the deep spinal musculature is inaccessible through Massage alone.
Again, if a massage therapist is able to penetrate the deep spinal musculature with the force of TENS,
it may be contraindicated,
as the body is attempting to stabilize itself, and Massage may interfere with this natural defense mechanism.
I believe massage therapy is insufficiently strong to cause that kind of damage, just as it is insufficiently strong to affect Scoliosis structurally.
How to sit in a chair with Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a condition that affects a large number of people.
It is characterized by an irregular curvature or twisting of the spine.
However, it does not affect everyone equally.
Scoliosis may manifest itself in a variety of ways, curving left or right (or both) and being extreme or mild.
Regrettably, back pain is a frequent symptom of Scoliosis,
as the spine’s alignment affects nerves, joints, tissues, and muscles.
If your Scoliosis is not serious enough to warrant surgery, bracing, Massage, and physical therapy exercises can provide pain relief.
However, a significant portion of scoliosis therapy is actually managing the condition on a daily basis.
Scoliosis and sitting
When seated, the optimal position is accomplished by firmly balancing the weight on the buttocks and thighs, with the back straight and not angled forward or backward.
Your feet should remain planted firmly on the concrete, and your pelvis should be neutral.
Additionally, you can try to sit in chairs that have lower back support and armrests.
Noting that prolonged sitting may result in increased back pain or discomfort,
you should attempt to stand and take a brief walk after sitting for a half-hour.
How do I get cured of Scoliosis naturally?
That depends on your definition of “naturally.”
I am aware of many individuals who have successfully corrected Scoliosis with the use of effective regular yoga practices.
Consult yoga studios and schools to learn more about this method of treating such Scoliosis.
if you believe chiropractic, acupuncture, or physical therapy are natural approaches,
you can use these therapies as well, as they may be beneficial.
The milder the Scoliosis and the sooner natural therapy is initiated, the more likely beneficial effects will occur.
Best massage chair for Scoliosis
Infinity Prelude Full Body Zero Gravity Massage Chair
- S-TRACK MASSAGE CHAIR: The Infinity Prelude massage recliner employs 4 nodes of traveling wheels to deliver Shiatsu, kneading, tapping, and knocking massage techniques across your entire body.
- FOOT-SPA CHAIR: Put your feet up after a long day and enjoy this Infinity massage chair’s reflexology rolling foot massagers. A full-body scan and spring-adjustable leg length ensure total comfort.
- HEATED MASSAGE CHAIR: Experience professional decompression stretch and spinal correction with our quality combo of high-grip shoulder airbags, full-body airbag compression, and soothing lumbar heat.
- ZERO-GRAVITY RECLINER: By employing NASA technology, this massage chair’s full-body zero-gravity experience makes you feel weightless as it gently elevates your calves and feet above your heart.
- TAKE FULL CONTROL: Customize your massaging recliner experience with the built-in remote, 6 preprogrammed routines, and full manual control. It even has a phone pocket to keep your devices close!
Zero Gravity SL Track Massage Chair
- 【Zero Gravity Massage Chair】- Ugears integrated linkage suspension massage chair puts the center of gravity on the buttocks, reduces the pressure on the spine and joints, makes your heart lower than your legs, and your body is in a completely relaxed posture and the feeling of weight loss in the real space. The Deep V-wrapped Design reduces the feeling of physical and mental exhaustion and is evenly stressed, allowing you to relax from outside to inside and bid farewell to fatigue.
- 【Smart Body Scan & Full Body Air Massage】-This 3D massage chair can automatically your body to adjust the massage points and massage range. The most professional massage can be experienced by different body types, the effect is comparable to a massage technician. The massage airbags cover on the shoulder, arms, hip, calves and feet area, allowing you to enjoy the Tuina massage in looping rhythmic. Weight Limit: 330 pounds. Internal Seat Width: 21 inches.
- 【SL Track Design& Thai Stretching】- The SL Track length of our chair differs from almost other similar products, it not only has a larger massage range, but also achieves precise knocking, kneading, tapping, clapping, rolling, shiatsu and other massage methods to relax your whole body, combining the Thai-style massage and other methods to perform a relaxing massage. The two heating device at the waist of the massage chair can warm your waist and care your health with reaching up to 45℃.
- 【Space Saving & Bluetooth Speaker】- Ugears massage chair allows just about 5cm between the massage chair and wall. One-click forward zero space, leaving much space for you. The head part is equipped with surround sound equipment, easy to connect with mobile phone Bluetooth, so that you have a more relaxed environment during massage with wonderful sound quality.The Bluetooth is compatible with iPhone12.
- 【Lifetime Warranty Policy】- Customer satisfaction is our top priority. Therefore, we provide a 12 MONTHS GUARANTEE. B-L1 does not require installation, if you need to return it, please keep our original packaging, which will improve your return efficiency. If any issue occurs to it, please contact our professional customer service team and we will work to fix any issues within 12 hours. You can also return the chair within 30 days for a full money back once we confirm the problem.
Snailax Memory Foam Massage Seat Cushion
- Note:This is NOT a shiatsu kneading massager with roller balls, this is a vibration massager only. DON’T BUY, if you are looking for a shiatsu massager. MEMORY FOAM PADDING – The massage seat cushion is designed with soft and comfortable polyurethane memory foam as padding, the high density memory foam provides you with superior comfort.
- Vibration Massage -The back massager seat cushion has 6 invigorating massage motors that delivers vibrating massage to your tissue and muscles to help relieve muscle soreness, tension, stress and eliminate fatigue after day work or a long trip.
- Customizable Massage -The Massage cushion allows you choose massaging area on Upper back, Lower back,Hips or Thighs, combining all these areas in a simultaneous, all-inclusive 5 programme modes and 4 variable vibration intensities brings you a customizable best massage as desired.
- Heat Thearpy- The Seat Massager with optional heat, has 2 heat levels target full back and hips, thighs, that radiating gentle warmth to sooth tight,soreness muscles and promote body circulation. It provides you with a nice heated seat cushion that provides a seat warmer in cold weather. (The heat can be turned on without massage, the seat massager with auto shut off and overheat protection features to ensure safe use.)
- Ultra Soft Plush Fabric - This massage chair pad as Christmas gift, its cover is made of 100% ultra cozy plush,incomparably soft polyester that offers a comfortable and great feeling for body touch. NON-SLIP BOTTOM & ELASTIC STRAPS -This seat massager be designed with non-slip rubber bottom and adjustable dual straps to secure it to home or office chair and keep it in place.
There is no simple cure for scoliosis treatment.
To permanently relieve pain and achieve lasting results from a structural deformity of the spine, a pragmatic treatment strategy capable of achieving structural improvement is required in the form of a reduction.